Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping my body moisturized

I live in a place that is very cold and snows a lot. Sometimes I feel my body is getting so dry that I feel like seaweed snacks.  So here are some lotions that I find helpful to use in the winter….



Vaseline Aloe Fresh Protecting body lotion with Aloe and sunscreen –
        Pros- moisturize very well, not greasy, SPF 15, less than $5 USD 
        Cons- none
I use this on my hands a lot because its not greasy and it has SPF 15, hands need protection too. You can use this all over your body.

AVEDA Hand Relief –
        Pros- revitalizing vitamin formula, moisturize extremely well, absorbs quick
        Cons- smells like medication, no SPF, ~$10 USD for small tube
Almost the best hand cream I ever used. I say almost because of the cons listed above, but this is really the best for dry hands, and somehow… it can last for up to three hand washes so you don’t have to keep reapplying. It is also made for stressed skin.


Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom body lotion-
       Pros-Smells wonderful, moisturize very well
       Cons- No SPF, $10.50 USD (but on sale often)
I use this all over my body at night so no SPF is ok…, I like the smell very much but it can sometimes be a little too strong to sleep in.

Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom triple moisture body cream-
       Pros- moisturize extremely well, not greasy
       Cons- no SPF, smell is good but way to strong, $12 USD (but on sale often)
I only use this on my hands and feet at night because the smell is way too strong, I would like to use it everywhere on my body because it is really moisturizing.

The body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
       Pros- Moisturize extremely well, smells wonderful, under $10 USD
       Cons- No SPF
I can use this everywhere on my body and at anytime.




No comments:

Post a Comment